Turmeric Maca Latte
Preparation Time: 5 mins
1 tsp of Turmeric Maca blend (add more if you prefer a stronger taste)
1 cup of nut mylk (scroll further down for recipe)
Optional: 1 tsp of sweetener (eg. maple syrup, coconut sugar, Stevia, etc.)
1) In a mug, mix Turmeric Maca blend with a splash of hot water and stir it vigorously to dissolve any clumps.
2) Pour nut mylk to the blend and stir until both are mixed completely. (If you want to drink it hot, heat up the nut mylk in a pot with low heat for 5 mins. Add the blend in and stir.)
3) Optional: Add your choice of sweetener (eg. maple syrup, coconut sugar, Stevia, etc.) to the latte.
4) Enjoy the aromatic beverage!
How to make Nut 'Mylk'?
Depending on your personal preference, you may choose from a variety of raw almonds, cashews or pistachios, etc. You may also mix them together to enjoy the benefits of the different nuts. Raw nuts blend better compared to roasted ones. Before blending, ensure that the raw nuts are cleaned as they may contain sediments and soak them overnight to soften them.
1 x blender
1 x nut milk bag
1 x air-tight bottle
1 x measuring cup
1 x bowl
1 cup of nuts (eg. almonds, cashews, pistachios, macadamias, etc)
3 cups of filtered water
4 x pitted dates (or any sweetener of your choice)
1.5 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of himalayan pink salt
1) In a blender, add nuts and filtered water. Blend on high speed for 2 - 3mins until mixture is smooth.
2) Add in pitted dates, vanilla extract and himalayan pink salt. Blend on low speed for 1 min.
3) Pour the mylk through a nut mylk bag to strain the remaining pulp. Collect the mylk in a bowl and then transfer it into a air-tight bottle. The freshly made nut mylk can be stored and kept in the chiller for up to 5 days.